Followers

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Guest Blogger Wednesday

Today we have another guest blogger post for you. So its over to Sam
My name is Sam Healey and I am 37 years old and live near Upton upon Severn with my husband Steve and a mad Irish setter called William and a lab cross called Oscar. I have a chronic health condition which has meant I have been unable to work for a while and so I started out by doing an Open University degree in Humanities and Classical Studies to keep my mind active and when this finished I was a little burned out study wise, so wanted a hobby to relax with and I somehow fell into card making and then all sorts of other crafts too, I love my sewing machine and I love knitting.
I love getting inky and I adore rubber stamping and the house is now bursting at the seams with stamps and papers LOL - so much so that we've had a small summer house built in the back garden as an extra little 'studio' for me to work in. I now have a small online craft business selling rubber stamps ands all sorts of paper craft products which I hope will eventually lead me back to the world of full independence and I am at the moment planning some workshops too once I find a suitable venue. ;o)
For you today I have made a card which reflects the move into Autumn (which is a bit odd considering we haven't really had much of a Summer). I inked a background with Distress Inks. I stamped the sentiment, from Creative Expressions, with Flitter Glu and then added Gilding Flake. I added the tree image underneath and heat embossed with Cosmic Shimmer powder in Viola Black Aurora. For the leaf embellishments I stamped onto acetate (with more stamps from Creative Expressions Autumn Foliage) and embossed again with powder. I then turned over and put Zig Two way glue on and waited for it to turn clear. Then I brushed Cosmic Shimmer Mica powders over the glue (using Autumnal colours). I then cut them out. I used a black card base with an acetate strip across the middle. I added the topper and then arranged a ribbon with the leaf embellishments around it. I finished by adding some faux stitching with a Sakura Gelly Roll silver pen. I hope you like it.
You can find more info on my BLOG. I also have a challenge BLOG if you fancy trying a new challenge.
Thanks to Sam from all the CBN DT. I am sure you will agree that Sams card is just perfect for the season.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam great post :D Love your card the colours are stunning xxx

    Ger
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete